Wednesday, March 23, 2005

busy week!

Despite not having to work Monday - Wednesday, we've had a very busy week for us! On Monday Golf had pictures done for some paperwork he has to submit for his immigration process. Then we went shopping for more baby stuff, in particular the mattress for the little cradle we have. Since most Thais invest in a crib, there was hardly anything that would fit our little cradle and it was terribly frustrating. Same goes with the fitted sheets. The whole maternity wear and baby gathering things in this country has made me want to pull my hair out, so I will be very thankful when or if I have another one in the States.

On Tuesday, Golf had to go to Bumrungrad Hospital for his medical exam, also a part of his visa process. He got three shots and we were there for a good 2.5 hours. Afterward, we met up with his friend Paul and his girlfriend and had lunch together. It was really nice and we were home before 4:30. Still a long day for me though.

Then lastly, yesterday I went to my former school to say goodbye to my friend Haviva, who is supposed to leave Thailand after being here five years this coming Saturday. I was very close with her when I first moved to Bangkok in 2001. It was nice seeing all my other former colleagues too, most of whom ooohed and aaahed about my big preggo belly. The school has changed a lot, as my former boss is always constructing, expanding and making it look better. I even got to see a few of my former students! It was a nice last visit, but one I know for sure will be the last time I see my old school. The heat takes a lot out of me now and long journeys tire me. I know by my 9th month I'm not going to want to leave my apartment!

After our visit with the school, we went straight down town to meet with Golf's former boss, who has been in Bangkok on business. We had a nice dinner at our favorite Japanese restaurant. We went home at 7, so it had been a very long day indeed.

Now I have just two days of working, figuring out what to do with the kids in the summer English camp the last two weeks of April. :)

1 comment:

Amy T said...

Hi Darshani
I would consider it, but DH and I are frightened about not having enough space for baby, making sure the blankets don't get near the baby, etc. The little cradle we have will be literally right next to me where we sleep, so I'll be close by. I also plan to wear the baby around during the daytime in a sling. :)