Saturday, March 26, 2005

Sunday Brunch

Time now for Sunday Brunch
"They have Easter egg hunts in Philadelphia, and if the kids don't findthe eggs, they get booed." -Bob Uecker
1) What is your favorite Easter decoration? (rabbit, egg, chick, etc) I like all of them equally. But it's even better if one of those decorations is really chocolate!
2) Do you like Easter colors or do you wish they were different? I like them, pastels are the colors of spring.
3) What did you do today to celebrate Easter? Nothing. I live in a non-Christian country (Thailand) and I went with my husband and his family to the Chinese cemetery where his mother and father are laid to rest to pay yearly respect.
4) What is your best Easter memory? As a child decorating Easter eggs, hiding them, also waking up and finding our Easter baskets filled with a chocolate bunny and other candy.
5) If you are Catholic, did you observe Lent, and if so, what did yousacrifice for Lent? Not applicable: I am not a Christian.

"Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." -Frank Zappa
1) What is your favorite medium of visual art and why? (Examples: painting, sculpture, photography, etc.) I like paintings the best.
2) What is your favorite painting? If possible, post a picture of your favorite painting in your blog. I don't have a favorite, there are so many great works of art out there.
3) Who is your favorite artist? Just as there are many masterpieces, there are also many great artists, so I cannot pick one.
4) Do you have any artistic abilities of any kind? Yes, I can draw and use colored pencils pretty well, and someday (SOMEDAY!) I will hone that skill and do more work. I'm thinking about collage and drawing coloring books for children.
5) Do you like to draw or paint? Yes, I do very much, but at the same time, I have to be in the right mood, and that mood is rare. I did more drawings when I was a student in school (doodling to pass the time and also as an art student in college.)

No comments: