Wednesday, October 27, 2004

2 more days

I've got only two more days left of my luxurious free time. I start work on Friday, preparing for classes beginning on Monday, November 1. In a way I'm glad to be starting work again because hanging out at home can start to become boring and I'm quite sedentary since there is nothing to do in our little apartment. I have been doing my yoga on a daily basis, though, and I'm already beginning to feel a difference in my stretches, so I feel a sense of accomplishment in that and I'd like to continue my practice after baby is born, maybe even join a yoga studio once a week when we return to the States. It feels so good! :)

So the other day, Golf and I went shopping for some in-between clothes, specifically dresses for work so that I could grow into them but not look silly wearing full-on maternity clothes. There was NOTHING, not surprisingly. So we went into a fabric store and I found two that I liked, and bought about 3 meters, which the lady there said should be enough for a dress. Then I went online to some catalogs and found a simple a-line style dress with a scoop neck and will print out the picture. Today we are going to go to a nearby tailor with the picture and the fabric and see if he or she can just make the dresses for me. It's not so expensive here in Thailand to have clothes tailor made for you, it's just a pain to find the right fabric and the tailor, and as far as communication, well, I have my dear and wonderful husband to help me out. Wish me luck! I'll let you know what happens and hopefully the dresses will be ready next week and I might have to squeeze into pants for work for the first few days.

No comments: