Thursday, October 28, 2004

Going to town

Well yesterday's mission to find a tailor was alright -- we found two. But they both charged more than double what we expected so we said no. I did notice that there were people at school and if Aeid was there (the coodinator for foreign teachers) I knew she could call in the tailor who did our uniforms because he charged reasonable rates. So we stopped in and asked her if she could have him come in Friday, when the rest of us report for duty. I hope it works out because although I do still fit my 'fat' pants just fine (no steady gaining, a plateau for now) I don't know how long it will last. I chose a simple dress pattern from a catalog online which I think willl look good as I get a preggo belly. Here is the dress, but I'm not having it quite as long. Mid calf instead and my fabric is a lightweight dark rayon, not knit.

Today Golf and I are going into the old part of town, near Kao San Road (Anna and Carolyn know where that is -- it's the backpacker ghetto!) because there is a monk at a temple where we went before we got married to ask for our auspicious day for our wedding. Well, Golf made an appointment with the same monk to basically say thank you and to tell him our news of our first child. Perhaps he'll make a prediction of the sex! This is certainly one of the 'cool parts' about being married to a man of a differnt culture. :)

After we visit the monk, then we plan to go to Kao San Road to eat shwermas for lunch (Golf's brilliant suggestion!). I may browse a few used books, but right now I'm reading another book I brought from the States that I've put off because it looks like heavy reading, but it's been fascinating! It's called The Discoverers and it's a history book about the major discoveries of mankind. I would like to read The Creators next, by the same author. So I may hold off on the used books....

We would also like to see the movie that opens today, Sky Capitan and the World of Tomorrow. I hope that the first day of it being open on a weekday afternoon won't be too busy.

I'll let you all know tomorrow how the monk visit and the quest for the movie went. :)

No comments: