Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Off to Koh Samet today

I had a very long day yesterday getting my course outlines and lesson plans finished, but I did it! Now I have no more responsibilities left til I begin work on October 29. Golf's big job has been postponed until October 28th, so we now have some free time! We decided just to go to Koh Samet, which is about 2 or 3 hours bus ride from Bangkok. Easy to get to. And once we are there we can walk from the pier to the beach area - it's less than one km. I was just concerned about taking a bouncy songthaew. (pickup truck with side seats in the bed -- with unkept roads, it's very bouncy, not good for baby!)

We'll be gone from today and be back by Sunday, I think. Gives us about 4 days to laze about on the island. This time I will remember that even though I am sitting under a big shady umbrella I still need lots of sunscreen! I got a bad sunburn last time on Koh Samet!

No comments: