Sunday, October 24, 2004

Sunday Brunch

Sunday Brunch is all about parents (yay, I'm gonna be one, and I love my own!)
1) What do your parents do for a living? They are now both retired, but my dad used to work for the State Department of Agriculture and my mom for Caltrans.
2) How old were your parents when you were born? My mother was 26 and my father was 28 and still in college. Times have sure changed! I'm going to be 35 when my first is born.
3) What is the most important lesson that you learned from your parents? How to be responsible. The fact that we grew up on a farm with many responsibilities to keep it going greatly helped me as a child growing up and to this day has helped me.
4) What is the harshest discipline that you ever received from your parents? Probably some spankin's here and there when I was really bad. I still remember one time when my mother instructed me to go out into the orchard and pick out my switch she would use to whup my bottom. I tried to find the one that looked like it would hurt the least. It still hurt like crazy! (incidently, NONE of these spankings I have EVER considered as child abuse -- I've grown up just fine with no hangups or 'issues' whatsoever)
5) What is the thing that you are the most grateful to your parents for? Their loving encouragement and ability to forgive me for the many mistakes I made when I was young and green! I'm also grateful for their consistent encouragement to FINISH COLLEGE! (and I did, in 1996 I got my BA and my other sisters are college educated as well)

No comments: