Sunday, October 17, 2004

A Day on the town

Yes, now that I get so sleepy by early nighttime, Golf and I go out during the day, never the night. :) Actually even before getting pregnant, I still got tired n sleepy by early night since I've always had to get up by 6 for work every day.

Anyway, the plan was to go to Chinatown for the vegetarian festival and have some lunch. Well we got there a little after 11 and it didn't start until 3 PM! Oh well. We did manage to find one place that served a chinese noodle soup and it was pretty good.

We then went to Siam Center to see a movie Golf's been wanting to check out: Resident Evil. It was entertaining. We went to one of the older movie theaters because the newer ones had long lines and sold out shows. We got right in -- the chairs aren't as nice, but the sound and picture quality is just as good as other theaters, so it's actually better.

After the movie we went browsing around Asia Books and I bought a new magazine. And by that time we were hungry, and I suggested Outback Steakhouse. Yes, there's an Outback here. We were craving a good hamburger, and although it's rather expensive here, we splurged and got a HELLA good burger! So much for eating vegetarian the whole time, but hey, when we're downtown, I like to eat western food, because all during the week, I eat Asian food from the market and it's also more economical.

Then we came home and it was about 6:00. I was pretty tired and after my shower we watched the special features of the DVD Paycheck (a better movie than I had assumed it would be) then I went to bed around 8:30 and read my new mag. I was asleep an hour later. Ah, first trimester fatigue! I don't have morning sickness, though. Just the congestion. I think I'm pretty darn lucky!

I'll see if I can get some photos up from out day out yesterday after Golf wakes up. We went to a very nice Chinese temple.

No comments: