Sunday, October 31, 2004

Facials today

Golf and I have had a nice and mellow weekend so far. No Halloween activities, it's all bar-related anyway in Thailand! We rented some movies and yesterday we watched Envy and Taking Lives. If I'd known that Taking Lives had Keifer Sutherland in it, I'd have rented it earlier! I did both yoga and my walk yesterday and it felt great.

On the way to lunch yesterday we walked by a beauty salon and I noticed it offered facials. I was wanting a facial and was considering going to my favorite place downtown over the weekend. Well, this place charges only half the price and does many of the things I like about the downtown salon. So BOTH of us are going to have a facial after lunch today. YIPPEE! :)

As I was thinking about it, I thought, I could do this throughout my pregnancy, since I can't have massages. But then reality hit: After the 3rd month, you aren't supposed to lie down on your back and that's exactly what you do for a facial. AWWW MAN! So I'm only going to have three weeks left -- perhaps I will get three more facials!

Tomorrow is the first day back at school. They gave me a completely different schedule with all my math classes and english classes lumped together into 100 minute chunks. No break in between. At first I protested -- twice a week for math, 100 minutes each instead of Mon-Thurs, 50 minutes each. But I thought later, that I don't know for sure it's not as good a method since I haven't actually tried it out. So I said I'd give it a shot for two weeks and if it doesn't work out, then they can change my schedule back. I hate it when they give me a new schedule AFTER I've done a course outline with the proper dates and lesson plans with the proper days and times. But hey, this ain't America. :)

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Why can't you have massages? I had one during my pregnancy and they just had me lie on my side instead. It was surprisingly comfortable. Many massage therapists have custom tables, too, for pregnant women, that have a little (or not so little, ha) depression for the belly to fit into, similar to the one made for the head. Or you could get a massage on the beach, and just dig a hole for the belly???