Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Still feeling terrible

This is the first time in years that I've had any sickness last for more than one day. My fever finally broke this morning, and I feel weak and achy. Last night Golf called the emergency number to the hospital to ask about me taking more Tylonol for my fever. My symptoms always get worse at night, and it was the third night of a fever and I had already taken a cool shower and had a cool washcloth compress. I had taken a Tylonol 13 hour previous and before that 12 hours, so it's not like I was popping pills left and right. The nurse said it was alright to take another Tylonol, but if my sickness lasted until Friday, to come in early. My scheduled doctor's appointment isn't til Saturday, and that was for general prenatal care. But today I think I'm on the road to recovery, my mild fever broke and I was all sweaty for about 15 minutes. So that's good news that I'm doing better. My What to Expect book says that pregnant women are more suseptible to colds and flu because the immune system is lowered, all the antibodies are working to keep the fetus safe. I guess so, because I never get sick! My husband's been taking such good care of me too. Last night he washed me down with the cool washcloth in bed. I'm so lucky to have such a caring husband!

It's neat watching the news about Mt. St. Helen's. I was living in Washington with my family (only about 10 years old) when it first erupted in 1980 and we lived in the fallout zone and got alot of ash. I still have a jar of it at home. Who would have thought that it was NOT a once in a lifetime event?!? :)

No comments: