Sunday, October 10, 2004

Had first Dr. Appointment

Yesterday, I had my first prenatal appointment and it went real well, nothing is unusual, so that to me is good news. While having a light breakfast in the restaurant area before checking in, another foreign lady sat next to us with a newborn baby. I asked her if she had her baby here at Bumrungrad and yes she did. Was she happy with the hospital and her birth, yes, she was. That made me feel good. She went on to tell me more details about her experience and her doctor's name and how he advocated natural childbirth and breastfeeding. I was shocked to learn that 85% of Thai women have elective c-sections!!!!!

So we go in to our appointment. I got weighed and I haven't gained as much as I had thought, but my clothes are fitting tighter. Oh well, as long as I'm not packing on the pounds! Golf and I then went in and talked to Dr. Sumon. She asked the usual questions and gave my official due date: May 26, 2005! Time to change our due date info! She also told us she won't be here at the time of our baby's birth, so it would be best to change doctors now, to have the same doctor when we go through birth. She mentioned the same doctor that the foreign woman I had just spoken with did, and I asked for that doctor. So the rest of my appointments will be with him. My next appointment is scheduled for November 6th and at that time, we get to hear the baby's heartbeat! How exciting! I'll be about 11 weeks by then.

I got a blood test and urine test done. Then was prescribed vitamin B6 and folic acid instead of a prenatal vitamin, which I guess I will start taking at the beginning of the second trimester because prenatals during the first trimester make ya a little queasy.

After the appointment, I dragged Golf to SUBWAY for lunch. Yes, there is a new Subway Sandwiches shop here and I delighted in eating a decent sandwich for the first time since April. It was pure heaven! I've been craving NON Asian food for weeks now, and yesterday I ate all non-Asian for every meal. MMMMmmmmm!

Golf's friend from SF, Paul, is back in Thailand for the next 6 months. He's working in Chonburi, a city not too far from BKK and he was staying in BKK for the weekend so we hooked up with him at his hotel after we finished lunch. He's dating a new girl, and we got to meet her and hang out for a few hours, just chatting and having a coffee (I had lemonade instead!). Then we went grocery shopping and I got some good ole MEXICAN food for the next few days and I was a happy camper. It was a good day.



No comments: