Thursday, November 11, 2004

Justice the Thai way :(

My husband posted on that forum I linked you to on my previous post. Since that is a public forum, I don't think he'd mind if I quote his post here:

Not surprise at all!Thai police are notorious for their behaviors. It's wrong from the start. They are allowed to have absolute power. The original idea of Thai police is "to serve and protect the so-called hisocity, not the citizen". I am Thai and I have seen this kind of events over and over again. It's been like this since the Thai police Department was established 100 years ago. Last night I watched the talk show called "Tung Lok Tuk Kon (Hardball)". One of the Pol. Generals said, "We must continue the beat-up method, otherwise we can't do our job". He also said that police in ALL countries are doing the same thing. It's sad to hear things like this, but I am not surprised at all. Their metalities are twisted, distorted, and crooked making them like killing machines. Do whatever they can to close the cases as quickly as possible. Thai laws are based on accusation, not investigation. So the suspects are the wrongdoers from the beginning. If they are not confess, they deserve "special treatments". Electical shocking, brutally beat-up, hitting with the clubs or sticks, kidnaping the accused person's family members to get his confession, or simply murdering the accused person to end the cases are wildly exercised by Thai police. There are many more of this uncivilized, unhuman methods, but I don't want to discuss about it anymore. It makes me sick.

No comments: