Sunday, November 14, 2004

Some random thoughts

Well, the other night, Golf and I didn't get to see our movie. It was showing right at the time we arrived and we hadn't had a chance to eat dinner or buy my fabric and the next show wasn't until 10:00 PM, which, even for a Friday, was too late for this person (me!) who falls fast asleep between 9 or 9:30.

Yesterday we didn't do much. Now that I'm pregnant and it's SOOOOOO hot outside, I don't feel like going out and doing anything. I just want to lounge around the apartment and Golf is fine with that too. Speaking of hot, Thailand is currently experiencing a severe drought. It's been months since the last rain and it seems to be getting hotter every day. It's normally supposed to start getting cooler this time of year, but the opposite seems to be happening. We went walking last night at the fitness center, since we were so sedentary during the day and when we left, I looked at my hands which were swollen like sausages. I get like that when it gets hot. I was careful and kept drinking water, but really, I can't walk more than once or twice a week until it cools down some. Our electricity bill is also expensive this month because of the constant use of the A/C.

I saw on SFGate that they found Scott Peterson guilty. Glad that justice has been served, but I am also listening to the Gene Burns program online from KGO and he said it was like a Roman circus outside the courtroom with a reporter even asking Peterson's mother if she was 'proud of her son'. What sort of moronic question is that?!?!

I'm disappointed of our society's lack of respect and tact toward one another. Americans treat each other rather badly with hardly politeness any longer, and it's quite sad. If you discover your neighbor has a different political viewpoint, for example, you end up treating each other like enemies. It's really depressing. This is the one part of moving back to the States that I'm not looking forward to, BUT I plan to bring happiness and make people smile. My husband has a knack for doing that here and it kind of reminds me of my own father. Golf will see a sour looking person and his goal is to make that person smile by the end of our encounter (for example a scowling waitress). It's just the best attitude! :)

OH! I'll end this posting on a happy and joyous note. Today is our 1 year anniversary of meeting one another! Yes, on November 14, 2003, Golf and I had our first date at Starbuck's coffee and then for a beer and some food at the World Trade Center beer garden. I wish it was cool enough for beer gardens now! Tonight we plan to go to Reflections restaurant for dinner, which is where we had our wedding reception. We've come so far in a short period of time.

1 comment:

Bia said...

Hi, Amy!
you don`t know me...I was looking other persons's blog just to satisfy my curiosity and I found yours...and I liked it.
I would like to comment about the part of the text where you say that americans don`t have much respect about the others...well, I was born in Brazil, and I`m spending some time in The States, and, that`s sad to say, but, I agree with you...I`m in Miami, where you can find people from all over the world. Most of people that are unpolite with me are americans...that`s sad, insn`it? Seems like some americans think they're superior humam beings, and so they treat the strangers like "shit". Thank God, there are people that are not like this, I wish all of them were not like this but...whatever...USA is still a great country, where you can find great oportunities if you are talented and emotionaly strong enough...
congratulations for your blog and for your anniversary!