Thursday, November 11, 2004

There's no place like home!

So after reading all this below from today, I just have to keep repeating my mantra, "less than one year, less than one year." I will try and get back to the good ole USA as soon as I possibly can. And of course, this is all compounded by the sensitive hormones of carrying a baby!!!!! For all you back home, don't worry. These are all depressing news stories, it's nothing that affects me and my husband directly. It's just something that disgusts us to the core of our humanity, especially now that we have the welfare of a new little person that we will be bringing into the world. I'm grateful that we have the CHOICE to move back home to the States. There's no experience like living abroad that makes you appreciate how good you've got it in your own home country.

1 comment:

Mel said...

I've learned that the capacity to do wrong and corruption are things that are very individual. There may be environments where certain behavior is encouraged amongst groups of people, but don't think for a second that twisted sick shit doesn't happen in America, or where Americans are. I know our justice system isn't perfect, but at least we have one. But even there, if you ever had to go to court over something, you'd probably find that the one with the most money wins.

Sometimes it sucks to be aware of what's really going on, but then the reasons for "carrying on" despite of it all and making an effort to be and do good are also real, and good. We are the goodness of the world that we hope for! :D