Thursday, November 18, 2004

New Duran Duran CD

I'm in such a good mood after getting all those beautiful maternity clothes. Golf is washing them today for me while I'm at work and tomorrow I'm going to get to wear something else besides one of my two dresses to work! I'm so excited!!!

I also got Duran Duran's latest album, Astronaut. For any of you who don't know, they were my favorite band for many years when I was in junior high and high school. I just about worshipped these guys. Recently all five original members reunited and have just released their new album together. I remember that all their albums after Seven and the Ragged Tiger had been disappointing, with the exception of Simon, Nick and Roger's band Arcadia, and the album was called, So Red the Rose. That was really good. All other Duran albums without all five members were not all that great. So I had high hopes for their new release and the first song, Reach Up for the Sunrise is very good. The rest of the songs all sort of blended into each other but I have only heard this CD one time, last night. I guess I cannot expect that they will sound as they did in the 80s. They are different people now after 20 years. I am a different person after 20 years too. Technology and trends have changed; synthesizers are more high tech and saxophones (remember Raphael DeJesus?) are not used as often in pop. I'm sure I'll get to love this CD the more I listen to it.

No comments: